Welcome to a new healthy you!!

Hopefully the information you find here will help you make better choices that will change our life! This is interactive in that I welcome your healthy recipes and any other feedback to help us all get and stay healthy!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

It is true!!! - you have to make lemonade


I have always thought that the statement about making lemonade when life gives you lemons was corny, but I have found out how very accurate it is!! While this blog is about my journey to get in better physical shape, I have also found out that the mental aspect of life is equally important!! Several years ago I was diagnosed with Ataxia. I had never heard of this before and when I found out what it was I wish I never did!! Needless to say, exercise and controlling my health has gotten tougher, along with all facets of my life. I am talking about this because most of my life, I have not given much consideration how much what I think affects me. Your mind IS a terrible thing to waste!! Since part of my brain is actually affected, I have to max out what I have!! I have learned that while you can train your body by exercise, you can also train your brain to act the way you want!! Walking is one, albeit one of the simplest ways to do this! Walking, especially on a treadmill is very beneficial for both the mind and body!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment